Roy Consultants solicits candidacies to fill a permanent mechanical engineering position at its Bathurst Office. The position is full-time based on 37.5 hours per week.
Roy Consultants is a full-service engineering firm committed to providing its customers quality engineering services. Proud to be a 100% New Brunswick-owned multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm, Roy Consultants has offices in Bathurst, Tracadie, Edmundston, Dieppe and Fredericton.
The successful candidate will report to the mechanical department’s manager. The engineer will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Participate in the development of proposals and project planning;
- Establish and maintain contact with customers to define needs, perform presentation of technical information, concepts or study results;
- Design and develop heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, plumbing systems and fire protection systems;
- Carry out design calculations and ensure plans conform to guidelines, code requirements and other regulations;
- Produce probable construction cost estimates;
- Visit various sites to collect necessary data for the design of plans and specifications;
- Perform calculations, studies and modelling, as well as write reports and recommendations;
- Work as part of a team on projects to produce various deliverables such as mechanical drawings, spreadsheets, specifications, technical documents, etc.
- Perform various simulations using specialized software;
- Supervise the work of technicians and draftsmen assigned to projects;
- Lead or attend design team meetings;
- Conduct construction site observation visits to ensure work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications;
- Perform any other related tasks that may help in the completion of projects.
- University degree in mechanical engineering;
- Ten (10) years of experience, including at least five (5) of consulting engineering experience;
- Member in good standing of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick;
- Knowledge of National Building Code, National Plumbing Code and NFPA 13;
- AutoCAD and REVit MEP software literacy considered an asset;
- Sense of initiatives, ability to work alone and attention to details;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French.
The annual base salary will be in line with the New Brunswick consulting industry and adjusted based on the candidate’s relevant experience. A great social benefits program is offered.
Roy Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will be chosen in accordance with his or her ability to meet the qualifications for the position. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to:
Philippe Landry, P.Eng.
Chief Operating Officer – BUILDINGS
T. : 506.546.4484 • P./E. 2266 • C. : 506.544.5147 • F. : 506.548.2207
548, av. King Ave. • Bathurst (NB) E2A 1P7
email@example.com • www.royconsultants.ca